Sunday, August 21, 2011

Fiction as Escape

The thing about watching movies, sitcoms, reading books…all of it is more than just entertainment. It’s about that one hour, countless minutes when you feel that you are the person that it’s all happening to. It’s that one eternity you wish had happened to you and not only the characters in the fiction. It’s that bond you form with Justin, or Rachel, or Harry or Kurt…

Sometimes the resemblances to our own life are so uncanny that you stop and think twice, get inspired, get encouraged…probably make certain choices differently.

I have been having a little rough days and these days watching QAF has become almost like a haven and I already know that I am in no hurry to reach the climax. And I know what’s going on in there cause by default that has become a part of my world and I have become a part of Pittsburgh’s A-Gays!

All I know is when all is down, and when the world seems to be the place you don’t want to be in, that’s when I, you and everyone tend to take refuge in that imaginary world waiting for us…

Song: Poses by Rufus Wainwright

2 comments:

  1. tell me 'bout it :/

    I've spent months watching Friends, Seinfeld just to get away from those dreary parts~!

    As for QAF, you gotta bring it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Escapism helps. Even at the weirdest of hours in the night... :D

    Cheers,
    Arnab Majumdar
    SribbleFest.com

    ReplyDelete